Our client is currently looking for a freelance Science Editor that can be available to help with a major project that is set to start in mid August and should last about 12-18 months. This position does have the potential to become a full time role, but to start will be a contract position.
This person will work alongside our Client’s Managing Editor focusing on the development of major science projects, and managing all tasks through all areas of project execution.
The Science Editor will work with outside writers and in-house editorial staff, and shepherd projects through the successful completion of published materials.
This candidate MUST be familiar with NGSS Standards and Elementary Content Development (Grades 3-5).
This candidate MUST have previous experience in Elementary and/or Middle School Science development, and be familiar with the educational publishing process.
This position requires that the candidate be on site in our client’s office, which is located about 1.5 hours North West of Chicago, IL. This is NOT a remote position, but may offer some flex schedule options for the right individual.
- This person will help create vibrant and engaging educational materials for grades 3-5
- Work closely with the Managing Editor, freelancers and writers
- Manage 2-4 freelancers and 8-10 writers for each grade level (a total of about 12-15 people)
- This person will not need to hire the freelancers or writers they are already on staff with the company
- This person will oversee the entire editorial process
- College degree in Education or Science
- Teaching degree/experience is ideal but not required
- Previous experience in educational publishing, or development house experience
- Must have working knowledge of NGSS standards
- Experience managing a team of freelancers and writers
- Experience with Oxygen (CMS) is ideal, but not required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organization, time management, prioritization, and planning skills
- Ability to work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with accuracy, composure, and adaptability
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- Strong computer skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, skill is Acrobat Pro is a Plus
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with moderate supervision
- K-12 content knowledge with a focus on Science
Our client specializes in educational content for all subject matter areas in grades K-12 and is a leader in the educational development industry and is looking to add a vibrant and engaging educational individual to their team ASAP as their project is set to start in mid August.
Our client is a full-service educational developer with a passion for producing engaging and vibrant learning materials for students, parents, and professionals. Whatever the shape or size of the project, they are ready to generate ideas, create dynamic materials, and offer a level of commitment that will endure long after a project is completed.