|K-12 Publishing Manager Middle East
Summary: Our client is looking for a publisher to lead the initiative in managing their K-12 US Schools and ELT publishing divisions in the Middle East. The individual must have strong knowledge of the K-12 school systems and English Language Teaching. The position must be based in Dubai and will require travel throughout the region. Dubai is a beautiful major metropolitan area with all of the big city culture.
This Person Will:
- Manage regional K-12 US Schools and ELT publishing units.
- Develop & manage K-12 US Schools and ELT Publishing Plans in conjunction with the senior management.
- Have the full brief for overseeing the selection, production, marketing and distribution processes involved with new works of writing.
- Co-ordinate work between production unit and vendors to enhance our offerings in MEA region.
- Create P&L for new products and present it to the NPC to obtain approvals.
- Propose and manage product and content development.
- Keep updated on publications from competitor publishing houses.
- Take the full responsibility for the product commissioning and contracts with the vendors and/or third parties.
- Develop and manage company’s publishing strategic publishing plans for MEA region.
- Contribute to the K-12 Business/Marketing plans for the MEA region in conjunction with Business development unit.
- Approve K-12 gratis budget with a provision of developing distribution network for gratis and marketing materials in conjunction with the management.
- Contribute to development of product data.
- Plan and manage training and consultancy services for the end users at all levels in conjunction with Training and Consultancy & Business Development managers.
- Attend all meeting at all levels when it comes to product development in the region.
- Assist sales team with their territorial marketing and sales campaigns.
- Oversee all the processes of publishing a new product both in textbook or digital formats.
- Participate in recruitment and training of human resources and performing other tasks as required.
- Must be a native English speaker.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Excellent academic credentials are required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in publications management both in book and digital publishing.
- Excellent knowledge of K-12 US Schools & ELT publishing.
- Good record of previous publishing works in K-12 US Schools & ELT.
- Analytical reader and have a knack for spotting marketable books in the fields mentioned above.
- Strong communication and excellent computer skills required for the field.
- Excellent team player and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.