Location: Bay area strongly preferred (NYC will be considered)
Our client is looking for their next “world class, top-tier hire”. This VP will be the Big Picture thinker responsible for creating and implementing strategy in order to achieve company and revenue goals for all non-ecommerce print sales. He/she will supervise the in-house sales team and expand the company’s business opportunities in order to achieve sales goals.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A hands-on, creative thinker from the trade publishing industry
- Entrepreneurial and adept at big picture thinking
- Analytical and numbers driven
- Experienced managing a $50-$100MM sales organization.
This person will:
- Develop a world-class sales organization by recruiting, leading, motivating, coaching, training, and developing the Sales Team
- Manage an existing team of 3-4 people but will be responsible for growing the team
- Utilize quantitative data to present a business case for proposed initiatives
- Manage and develop programs and initiatives that insure that the Sales Team exceeds the company’s revenue and contribution targets
- Further expand our partnerships with primary retail partners, including developing marketing and promotional tactics to ensure continued growth
- Understand key retailers’ emerging trends and how to capitalize on them
- Develop departmental goals and sales initiatives considering industry trends and opportunities for front and backlist titles
- Have proven experience in identifying opportunities for future growth and develop associated initiatives
- Develop strategies that grow sales in the international market
- Manage and expand our licensing agreements and international rights sales
- Collaborate with key stakeholders on the Data, Editorial, Design and Finance teams
- Analyze, manage and control department budget to meet financial targets
- 20 years trade publishing experience insales, marketing, and/or account management capacity
- Must have a strong network of contacts within the trade book retail channels.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, able to set priorities and juggle multiple projects in tight deadlines
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Must possess college degree or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience working in both large and small companies preferred
- Experience working in a hyper-growth environment is a plus
- International sales management a plus
This well-funded organization has grown 100% every year since its inception and was named the fastest growing publisher in 2014, #2 in 2015, and expects to be at the top again for 2016. They embrace a collaborative work hard/play hard type of team environment and always look to hire the best of the best. If this opportunity looks like a good fit for you, please reach to Shelly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can set up a time to discuss it in greater detail.