Our client is currently looking to add two talented full-time Managing Editors to their team ASAP.
Our client is a very successful startup that specializes in publishing non-fiction, primarily in the areas of Cooking, Health, Diet, Self-Help, Business, Reference, and Fitness.
This position is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing team based in NYC or the Bay area.
This Person Will:
– Be responsible for the development and project management of approximately 8 to 12 books simultaneously with a 3-4 month production cycle from concept to the final file
– Oversee the day-to-day development and production of 8 to 12 titles simultaneously from outline through the final file
– Work with authors and development editors to execute the vision for each book
– Hire and manage freelance development editors
– Ensure projects stay on time and within budget
– Have editorial and project management experience with books and/or online content
– Have a proven ability to publish quality products on time and within budget
– Have an impressive understanding of content development and the editorial and marketing factors that allow books to succeed in an online marketplace
– Have experience working with authors to develop and edit book-length manuscripts and a deep understanding of the book publishing process
– Have proven project management ability, including experience managing freelancers and working on a high volume of projects
– Have the ability to multitask, prioritize workload, and follow up independently so you can deliver on tight deadlines
– Have a successful track record of working in a fast-moving startup environment and collaborate with others on innovative new processes
– Bachelors Degree, preferably in a related field
– 3-5 years of experience in book publishing or digital media
– Demonstrated ability to work with writers and editors to develop strong book-length content in the categories mentioned above
– A network of freelance development editors is a plus
– Experience managing a high volume of freelancers
– Impeccable writing and editing skills
– Self-motivated and possess the ability to meet aggressive production deadlines
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
– Ability to work effectively and thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume startup environment
– Quick-turn publication experience is ideal but not required
– Comfortable working with remote teams
– Must be highly motivated and an ultra-organized person
– Be a self starter with a STRONG sense of curiosity
Our client offers a competitive salary, great benefits, the opportunity to work with proven creative and entrepreneurial leaders and great growth opportunities.
They are looking to fill these positions ASAP so please reach out right away with a copy of your current resume, salary requirements and a detailed cover letter if you are interested.