Our client is one of the leading educational technology companies. Through deep partnership with the world’s best researchers, educators, administrators, and developers, they facilitate teaching and learning opportunities that spark student engagement and improve outcomes. They provide educators with tailored solutions designed to inspire student curiosity and measure progress. They are an Equal Opportunity Employer and are looking for a proven sales rep to join their team ASAP.
This person will be expected to engage in the daily proactive sales efforts (via in-person visits, email, conferences, presentations, targeted mailing and strategic calling) considered necessary to promote the full line of our client’s products and reach their assigned monetary goal. Through ownership of their assigned states, the representative is required to stay abreast of all their individual states’ trends and opportunities, and work both independently and in collaboration with their manager and marketing teams to target them appropriately.
This Person Will:
- Travel to assigned accounts for the purpose of conducting personal sales interviews.
- Pre-plan daily schedule of sales calls for each day on campus.
- Develop and execute selling techniques that enhance the ability to effectively promote our client’s books and media.
- Develop ongoing itineraries to increase sales production within the assigned territories.
- Send books and media to prospective customers in the territory while tracking sales opportunities within a customer relationship management system.
- Submit required data and reports on a timely basis.
- Service customers within the assigned territory by both responding promptly to requests and by initiating customer service and customer training.
- Communicate with regional managers and with other appropriate personnel.
- Actively participate in professional conferences as well as sales meetings.
- Monitor operational expenses within your territory.
- Assist editorial activity as requested by appropriate personnel.
- Provide feedback on market trends, market reaction to our books as well as competitors.
- College degree BA or BS
- 1-2 years experience working in sales, educational sales preferred (Alternative would be 2 years teaching experience in the language arts, social studies, math or science at the high school level)
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a sales team
- A knowledge of and/or an interest in working in an academic environment
- Direct sales experience or publishing experience preferred but not required
- Sales aptitude is required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent PC skills
- Experience giving presentations and/or public speaking
- Ideally located in the greater Boston, MA area
- Goal Oriented