Looking for an adventure and an opportunity to see the world with your next career move?
Our client is seeking one-two Dubai based editor(s) to be responsible for all aspects of editorial production for their US Schools program that service English speaking expat school children from around the world. Dubai is an extremely safe, warm and beautiful part of the world.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, self motivated team player who is eager to contribute and able to think outside the box. This individual will be responsible for all aspects of editorial production from manuscript to bound books for the US Schools program. The editor will need to maintain the highest level of editorial standards, meet schedules, and organize the developmental process of all components. The position will be based in Dubai while working very closely with the product development team in Cairo. The editor will be reporting to the Dubai editorial team. The role may require some additional travel.
This person will:
- Coordinate with in-house editors and writers to develop and improve content
- Coordinate with third party freelancers and developers
- Vet titles, review manuscripts, manage vendor relationships
- Create and maintain editorial development schedules, and manage all stages of process of the assigned components
- Bring projects to completion within specified deadlines and budgets
- Work with marketing and business development to provide product updates and support
- Provide product input for the markets, product presentations, and other promotional materials
- Be responsible for development of program components for print and electronic delivery
- Provide production quotations and proposals, and negotiate prices when outsourcing work
- Be responsible for editorial reviews in conjunction with designers, editors, and writers
- Handle the final proofs
- Work with the unit coordinators to secure smooth delivery of the work as per the product plans
- Must be a native English speaker
- Editorial experience in US K-12 sector Editorial experience in book publishing
- Flexibility to travel with the team in the region
- Familiar with US curriculum and state standards
- Flexibility to travel within the region
- Excellent computer literacy and communication skills.
- Office, Adobe, and InDesign skills
- Extremely detail-oriented eye
- Innate desire to improve and better the program
- Innovative and highly motivated
- Ability to work towards tight deadlines and to work under pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks while meeting editorial standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent team player
- Dependability and consistency
This company was established by a group of experienced educators in order to provide next generation content and curriculum, as well as assessment. They follow global standards and deliver learning and teaching materials to all types of educational institutions and organizations.