Chief Editor open access journal in PHYSICS
New York or London
Our client, with offices in New York City and London are seeking a Chief Editor to set and monitor the overall editorial scope and strategy for an open access physics journal. This journal complements their other open access journals.
This high-profile role is contributing in a vital area of our clients open access portfolio. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to shape the direction of this new journal as Chief Editor and act as the ambassador for the journal through engagement with the global science community. This role reports to the Publisher and will be instrumental to help set and monitor the editorial scope and strategy for the journal, to maximize the visibility of its scientific standing and quality of the journal, and to impact the research published within it. This position will recruit and manage the internal and external editorial team and will lead the fast development of the journal.
- Support the Publishing Director and Publisher to prepare a high-level strategic plan for the launch, growth and development of the new journal
- Ensure all content published in the journal is of the appropriately high quality and covers the spectrum of research in the journal’s scope
- Provide line management for the internal editors
- Act as the main voice to represent the new journal within the internal editorial and external research communities, and to ensure they serve the needs of the individual Physics community
- Meet regularly with authors and reviewers to understand their priorities and needs, and the ways in which they are engaging
- A thorough understanding of the scientific research community and its needs, including detailed knowledge of open access publishing
- A breadth of knowledge that covers the journal’s scope and in-depth expertise of particular areas of the journal’s scope
- Strong demonstrable editorial experience in the selection and processing of manuscripts to the high levels required meeting the company’s standards.
- PhD level relevant research experience
- Excellent leadership and team-building qualities
US benefits include:
– Medical, Dental and Vision
– Life and AD&D
– Flexible Spending Accounts
– Transit Accounts
– Tuition Assistance
– Summer Hours