The role of the elearning Video Product Manager is to lead product development projects that support our client’s strategy to accelerate, experiment and deliver new multimedia solutions in the College space. The eLearning Video Product Manager will work closely with the Associate Director of eLearning to support the development of new ideas and to manage the development of specific projects from idea conception to launch, and ongoing management and maintenance beyond.
This Person Will:
- Lead the assessment of new product ideas, conduct market research, internal impact assessments, and develop business plans.
- Lead the business decisions required to drive new product development, coordinate market research and cross-functional consultation within the company
- Oversee the project management for new product development with business units to keep projects on schedule and budget
- While maintaining close communication and alignment with the College Marketing, Sales and Editorial teams, interact regularly with customers and the wider market, to ensure you are immersed in their wants, needs, and perspectives and to be an effective voice within the company advocating their view point
- Lead the definition of web requirements for product development, establishing wire frames, developing prototypes where appropriate, performing user testing and working with editorial teams, technology teams and external vendors to define product requirements
- Work closely with editorial colleagues to define content requirements for new products and monitor execution of our client’s College’s Video program content goals.
- Establish and lead product meetings, managing agenda, framing discussions, and following up on agreed actions. Provide clear accountability for deliverables.
- Regularly provide meaningful product updates, presentations and reports to relevant project teams and stakeholders, including product updates, usage analysis, product P & Ls, competitive information and enhancement plans.
- Have 2+ years in a lead role developing, producing or editing video content
- PMP Certification is ideal, but not a requirement
- Must be located in Washington, DC or Thousand Oaks, CA
- Have successfully developed and managed major online products, preferably at an academic publishing organization
- Familiarity with college products and business models
- Successful Project/Product Management experience
- Be able to personally handle 1-2 large projects at a time while overseeing/managing 10-20 others
- Experience working with both on site and remote teams is a plus
- Knowledge of visual storytelling, video production and editing, video and multimedia best practices
- 2+ years experience managing a team
- Experience working with Confluence, JIRA, MS Project, and Axure preferred
- Able to travel overnight as needed (10% or less)
- Believes that education is intrinsically valuable to a healthy society and we’re dedicated to producing high quality content in our books, journals and digital products.
- They are passionate about contributing to our local communities; we run a diverse mix of community-based programs each year and they make sure everyone has the chance to get involved.
- They are an equal opportunity employer and provide compensation commensurate with experience, full benefits, etc.